hectic times are almost over for this year again.
well, only the popkomm related ones.
although we didn't play this year we still attended the offical sweden party something at café zapata last night. the the sunshine and the soundtrack of our lives performed among others.
the zapata had a guestlist for 300 people although it only fits about the half, so even though on the guest list we had to arrive pretty early to not be denied entry if overcrowded.
as the evening progressed the zapata became really crazy full, which in itself led to a rather remarkable heating increase.
the zapata though, likes it hot. the unquestionable proof of that lays in the fact that they have a dragon which blows fire a meter above one's head.
but but... all i can say about the eve is basicallly that the sunshine was very good and that TSOOL was just like always.
Friday, September 21, 2007
hectic times are almost over for this year again.
Posted by John Grönlund at 1:56 PM
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
To our great amusement, Roaring Silence (as they called themselves) actually had the courtesy to write a hate page about us on their homepage.
I have now recalled that the page is slowly vanishing from the web. So for preservation and for our international fans I have therefore translated their text into English.
Hate page written by Roaring Silence somewhere around 2000-2001:
There is one thing you should know…
Willowtree is a really crappy band, with a whole lot of crappy songs.
Prologue: Roaring Silence had the misfortune to share rehearsal space with one of the worst bands of Southern Stockholm.
For a whole year Roaring was trapped in a devastating grip. This was not particularly strong but very distressing.
This happened during the years 1999-2000 of which besides this was problem free years. This is hard facts, from the hard reality in ABF’s quarters located at Skogskyrkogården. How such an although nerdy a meaningless band as Willowtree ever could get hold of a rehearsal space, and even worse play together remains a angst full mystery. What Willowtree is doing today is unknown…
• Willowtree loves IKEA
• Willowtree buys rehearsal furniture’s from IKEA
• For example rugs
• Willowtree listens to TOOL
• TOOL listens to Willowtree
• TOOL is crappier than Willowtree
• Willowtree tries to sound like TOOL
• TOOL is a really crappy band
• Willowtree’s Bass amplifier continuously breaks down
• Because Willowtree’s bass player plays with a pick
• Because he is stupid
• Willowtree is using slippers in the rehearsal room
• Willowtree’s slippers is holy and cannot be used
• Willowtree is hiding their slippers from visitors
• Willowtree are vegans
• Willowtree never drink
• Willowtree is actually not smoking
• Willowtree has hung a deer head on the wall
• Willowtree is vegan
• Willowtree loves animals
• Willowtree are cute
• Willowtree admire Ingvar Kamprad
• Willowtree is Nazis
• Willowtree is playing white music
• Willowtree is wild and crazy
• Willowtree is partying hard
• Willowtree are virgins
• Willowtree has never wanted to
• Willowtree has never been invited
• Willowtree is NOT appealing
• Willowtree is sold to the lowest bidder
• No one places a bid
• Willowtree joins the other guys in TOOL
• TOOL are homosexuals
• Willowtree should have known that
• But it doesn’t matter
• Willowtree is feeling weird down there
• Willowtree feel free
• For the first time
• Willowtree lets loose
• With the queers in TOOL
• Willowtree and TOOL forms a new band
• A “BOYBAND”
• TOOLTREE gets smacked
• By skinheads
• TOOLTREE get called but boys
• In the middle of an open street
• And it hurts so ass much
• It hurts
• In TOOLTREES soul
• TOOLTREE feel like losers
• TOOLTREE are losers
• This wasn’t what TOOLTREE had counted on
• TOOLTREE cannot count
• Homosexuals cannot count
• Homosexuals are using calculators
• Calculators are a fag tool
• Calculators are a tool of evil
• Calculators belong to the butt
• All fags and calculators are thrown down to hell
• This was not what TOOLTREE had counted on
• Fags as of we know cannot count
• TOOLTREE is thinking
• Their days is probably counted for
• TOOLTREE has calculated this themselves
• With the help of their butt
• It is warm there
• In hell
• TOOLTREE is sweating
• TOOLTREE curses
Everyone that listens to that fucking TOOLTREE is fucking fags who are trying to steal knowledge with their butt.
Here is their homepage: Willowtree
Link to the Swedish hate page about us:
Posted by Joel Gustav Ekelöf at 5:25 PM
this sucked since the crowd really wanted one. the people were singing the "we are your friends"-part over and over but still they wouldn't come out again. sucked, this meant that the set was concluded after just barely over an hour.
in comparison to when olle and gustav saw them dj for 2.5 hours at the 103 this was very short.
after this we headed home for some pre-partying before leaving for a bar and then later the macaroni club. on the way there i was supposed to buy a case of beer.
went fine, just as it went totally fine to take it on the package holder on the back of my bike. to my surprise though, might i ad.
it actually went good all the way home till i had to get in through the door down at the street. crash boom bang and 10 beer bottles was no more. well i guess they actually are, just not drinkable state.
i fear the smell of that place as i'll have to go there later.
Posted by John Grönlund at 1:07 PM
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
in the end by heart, to the delight and cheer of the crowd, got to play on more song.
afterwards we hung out behind the stage, standing and having lots of fun with some of the people we've gotten to know here.
one guy i definitely was not expecting to see was the basist kim from the band overlord. i recognized him in an instant and had to talk to him immediately. fun to meet after 6, or so, years.
the reason for his presence was by heart's, for the day, loss of basist. simon was back in sweden and thus kim was recruited for the job. which we did splendidly, might i ad.
Posted by John Grönlund at 3:55 PM
Saturday, September 8, 2007
Friday, September 7, 2007
they woke me up at 8 in the morning and asked for our guest mattresses right away. they hadn't gotten any sleep on the bus they'd been on for about 10 hours cos of the only snoring person on the bus sitting right next to them.
janis is here to dj at the sweden sweden party at magnet club tonight. first a pre-party at our place and then off to the club itself.
it's gonna be fun.. it was the last time i attended it.
band-wise it also gonna be interesting as janis is gonna play a few tracks that we're working on to see how they work.
as we're not doing that many concerts at the mo, it's fun to try other forums.
Posted by John Grönlund at 4:19 PM
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
olle just said hello after sleep. strange, since i've almost gotten used to olle's room being empty.
oops., now i lied.. i kind of slept there while he was gone. he got such a nice big and comfy bed.
btw -- says he's gonna try and keep a a proper being-up-in-the-day-instead-of-night-sleeping rhythm now...
ha! we'll see how that'll go
now i'll leave the studio to him while i get some sleep.
Posted by John Grönlund at 9:20 AM