Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Aerodynamic device for Eastern Germans?

Tonight we went to the Zitadelle Spandau to see Tommy (a Swedish friend of mine) perform. He's playing in a band that's supporting John Fogerty during his German tour. I must say though, It was really interesting to experience a Fogerty concert. It will definitely stay with me, at least for a couple of days. I don't think that I've ever felt so young as tonight, the average age must have been at least 65. And I've never seen so fuckin' much old people getting together, drinking beer and singing along to such an old and worn-out artist as Fogerty. We stayed to see some of the Fogerty stuff but It was really hard to focus with all those mullets out there... My god, I mean what's up with those Fogerty fans. It seems like they all decided to cut there hair just like Jaromir Jagr, and then dance away to Fogerty's swamp rock. Could someone please explain to me; what kind of connection is there between Fogerty and the mullet? The only thing I'm sure of is that my eyes have gotten a life time supply of interesting hairdos.

Wikipedia info on the German mullet:
"The German term is "Vokuhila", meaning "vorne kurz, hinten lang" (short in the front, long in the back). The opposite to this is "Volahiku". It is topped by "Vokuhilaoliba", meaning "vorne kurz, hinten lang, Oberlippenbart" (short in the front, long in the back, mustache). Because of its supposed popularity among men from the Eastern parts of formerly divided Germany, the hair cut is in Western Germany also known as "Ossispoiler" ("aerodynamic device for Eastern Germans")."

No comments: